Welcome to The Plant More Project, here we grow!
Affiliate Disclaimer: This post, document, email, or site may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, The Plant More Project may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). We use this money to help run our organization and continue our mission. Here’s a link to our full disclosures, terms & privacy if you’d like to read more.
If you’re like most people you work hard, are committed to your family and friends, and want to succeed in life.
You also feel there something is missing from your day to day grind and want to do something meaningful that leaves a positive lasting impact on the world.
I get it and feel the same way. Life is challenging these days. I truly believe we are all suffering from a disconnection to the natural world. We are feeling it on a deep, fundamental level.
If you’ve been searching for something that makes you feel empowered, healthier, more connected, and part of something magical then you’ve come to the right place.
If you want to grow some food, start a new hobby, or just want something living and green in your house then this is the place to be. We will grow together and become reconnected to what makes us thrive.
After a car accident, my physical therapist suggested I pull weeds to strengthen the muscles in my neck so I did. I didn’t know much about the plants in the area I was living in at the time and wound up with an itchy, bumpy, painful red rash up and down my arms. Ouch.
I knew nothing. I needed info stat! So I took classes and became a Master Gardener, a Master Naturalist, a Habitat Steward, a Water Ambassador, and went back to school and got a degree.
Not knowing what the hell I was doing was a blessing in disguise. Along my journey, I realized that plants provided information about the world we live in and here we will share that incredible information with you.
The plant world can be a game-changer for your mental, physical, and spiritual health. Plants are powerful healing tools. They clean the air, soil, and water and do so much more for us.
On this site, we explore the benefits plants offer us and then plant more of them to reap those benefits. I believe we can help ourselves feel whole by reconnecting with nature, gardening, and working with the plant kingdom.
The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul.Alfred Austin
A connection to nature is life-changing and something we all need right now.
Our goal is to help you with your plant journey no matter where you are starting from. Mama Nature is complicated and nobody knows everything. You don’t have to be perfect at gardening, just enjoy the journey. It is a journey of constant discovery. You’ll learn about plants and yourself along the way.
To get started you have a few choices.
- Start with one of our beginner topics such as 5-life Changing Benefits that Plants Offer You. Or 10 Ways to Garden, which way works best for you? Or 3 Enlightening Reasons to Start with Seed, So you Can Change Your World!
- If you want to get your hands right in the soil I suggest starting with our house plants category and try planting some of those. Plants make great roommates.
- You can head over to the Grow menu at the top of the site and pick a planting topic. I suggest house plants for beginners. Then, follow the categories in order as you feel more comfortable.
- If you are ready to grow some food then go to our shop and start with one of our many planting guides, or under the Grow menu check out topics on growing microgreens, fruits, vegetables, herbs and more.
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter and get a free gardening tips & tricks printable.
- Join us on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, or Instagram for inspiration and entertainment.
- Contact us if you’d like a garden consultation or would like to explore grant options for a food forest, or native restoration project (limited to non-profits, parks, schools, and government entities at this time).
- If you are feeling generous and inspired, or just want us to plant more for you please donate.
I think you will really enjoy growing with this community, and hopefully, you’ll save yourself from a nice little rash along the way.
It’s a pleasure to grow with you.
Plant Power On,