Welcome to The Plant More Project, here we grow!
If you’re like most people you work hard, are committed to your family and friends, and want to succeed in life.
You also feel that something is missing from the day to day grind and want to do something meaningful that leaves a positive lasting impact on the world.
I get it and feel the same way. I believe we are all suffering from a disconnection to the natural world and we are all feeling it on a deep, fundamental level.
I also believe we can help ourselves feel whole by reconnecting with nature, gardening, and working with the plant kingdom.
Plants are a powerful healing tool. They clean the air, soil, and water and do so much more for us. Here, we explore the benefits plants offer and plant more of them.
If you’ve been searching for something that makes you feel empowered, more connected, and part of something magical then you’ve come to the right place.
If you want to grow some food, start a new hobby, or just want something green in your house besides a pillow or curtains this is the place to be. We will grow together.
The plant world can be a game-changer for mental, physical, and spiritual health.
They sure were for me after a car accident ended my professional dance career. I went on a long search for who I was. I felt lost and needed support, comfort, and healing. I found all three in the plant world.
The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul.Alfred Austin
I grew up on a tiny organic farm and was fortunate enough to form a deep connection with nature at a young age. But, the pull of the bright lights and glitter sent me on a world tour right out of high school. I loved dancing, teaching, performing, creating. It was my passion and my life.
The accident was not fun and changed a lot of things but it also brought me back to the world of plants.
My physical therapist suggested I pull weeds to strengthen the muscles in my neck so I did.
I grew up in the Northeast and had no clue about the plants in the Southeast where I was living at the time. I wound up with an itchy, bumpy, red rash up and down my arms. Ouch.
I knew nothing. I needed info stat! I also needed a new life path. So I took classes. I became a Master Gardener, a Master Naturalist, a Habitat Steward, a Water Ambassador, and went back to school and got a degree.
I hooked up with nature again and boy did it feel good. Mama Nature is amazing! It’s a rabbit hole of knowledge but I love rabbits so there’s that.
Cauliflower is a cabbage with a college education.Mark Twain
The journey was healing on so many levels. The plants provided so much and I wanted to share what I found with others. Enter The Plant More Project.
The Plant More Project is dedicated to discovering ways to thrive in our ever-shifting world by exploring the benefits of the plant kingdom and our deep life connection to it.
Check out our services here. We are a nonprofit so we share information here and also do hands-on planting work in our communities. Our goal is to help you with your plant journey no matter where you are starting from. We can all learn from each other.
To get started you have a few choices.
- Start with one of our beginner topics below. I suggest starting with house plants for newbies.
- Take this little quiz to see where you are now and where to go next.
- Go to the Grow menu at the top of the site and pick a planting topic. I suggest house plants for beginners. Then, follow the categories in order as you feel more comfortable.
- If you are more experienced go to our shop and start with one of our many planting guides.
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter and get a free gardening tips & tricks printable.
- Join us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or Instagram for inspiration and entertainment.
- Contact us if you’d like a garden consultation or would like to explore grant options for a food forest, or native restoration planting project (limited to non-profits, schools, and government entities).
- If you are feeling generous and inspired please donate so we can plant more.
I think you will really enjoy growing with this community, and hopefully, you’ll save yourself from a nice little rash along the way.
It’s a pleasure to grow with you.
Plant Power On,